Check out this recipe from PaleOMG.com. It’s sweet, savory, and pretty darn easy to make.
Pork (prepared in crockpot)
- 1-2lb pork loin
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2-3 cups beef broth (depending on how large the pork loin is)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 brown plantains, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- Add pork ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours (this really depends on the crockpot, we had ours on low for 6ish hours and it was cooked through)
- Once pork is cooked, use forks to shred it to pieces.
- Add coconut oil to a large, hot skillet, under medium heat. Add sliced plantains to skillet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add plantains to a food processor and puree. While food processor is running, add coconut milk until the plantain puree is smooth.
- Add a dollop of plantain mash to a plate, top with pork, and top with sliced avocado.